Tax Tip

Have kids in School?

Required school supplies can be deducted on your Minnesota tax return.  This includes: School supplies, computers, insurance on a school tablet, tutoring, transportation expenses, music lessons and equipment rental, and enrichment classes.   

Things that can NOT be used: school clothes (unless required uniform), non-required school supplies.

About  Me

Sarah Syverson

Sarah Syverson

"You hear all the time, how people absolutely dread doing or getting their taxes done. I strive to make it a more enjoyable experience by getting every deduction available for each client. To ensure they leave my office with a smile."



In 2011, I obtained my Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration from Minnesota School of Business. While attending college I practiced my degree skills managing a local optometrists office. Once I  obtained my degree, I took over as General Manager at a retail optical center, where I worked until the birth of my twins! I then decided to leave the workforce and dedicate myself to being a full time stay at home mom.


Eventually this gave me an opportunity to follow my true passion,  tax preparation.  I  worked at a large chain, but  after one season I decided to go out on my own. In 2014 I set up my office in the basement of my home and placed my 1st ad on Facebook. To my surprise the response that I got was overwhelming. In my first year I accumulated 50 new clients. Clientele continues to grow leaps and bounds year after year. I maintain a 94% retention rate and most of my new business is gained simply by word of mouth.  In 2018 I took some big business steps by beginning a customer referral program, built my own website and Facebook site, and placed another ad.  Shockingly, the 1st day it launched, I had over 20 new clients.

My goal is not solely to provide tax preparation, but to educate my clients on their own tax situations. I do so by going over each client's return in great detail so they understand each numbers why and where. This will help them plan ahead for next year.

To be the best I can be at my position I decided to go back to school and get my Masters in Accounting at St. Mary's University of Minnesota. Upon completing my furthered education in 2022I will meet all requirements needed for the Board of Accountancy. Allowing me to sit for the examination to become a licensed Certified Personal Accountant (CPA).